Empathic co-creation for meaningful startups can surface people’s deepest needs while allowing them to help us serve them better.
Workshop: Empathic Co-Creation for Meaningful Startups
Startups in Residence InterGov
30 March 2023, 13:30 – 15:30, Den Haag, The Netherlands
During this workshop, we combine Creative Empathy and co-creation techniques and apply them to your innovation process. These techniques help startups to:
- Find product-market fit
- Inspire healthy behavior change
- Innovate in meaningful ways
- Empower people, not exploit them
We flow between discussing key concepts to practicing a selection of tools & techniques to your real work. And by the end of our workshop, each team should have a Character Map for their key customer, learning goals to test their assumptions, and an action plan for co-creating with real people.
- Busting some myths about empathy
- The updated Eindhoven Empathy Model
- The Empathic Design Process
- Daria Nepriakhina’s interviewing technique
- Do a brief guided meditation
- Check-in as a team
- Create a character map
- Map our assumptions
- Distill learning goals
- Practice empathic interviewing
- Free-write for emotional connection
- Generate an action plan for co-creation
- Product Managers
- Marketing Leaders
- Kouprie & Sleeswijk Visser, F (2009) A framework for empathy in design
- Laneri, D (2017) Mindfulness meditation regulates anterior insula activity during empathy for social pain
- Annelise Schoups (2017) An introduction to assumptions mapping
- Dr. Martina Michalikova, Freewriting: write your science clearly, easily and with joy
- The Greatness Studio (2019) Field Study – Corfu Waste Management
Thank you Daria Nepriakhina!
The Creative Empathy Field Guide
Whether building a product or a business, The Creative Empathy Field Guide can help you infuse empathy to any creative process.