The most meaningful innovations address people’s deepest needs. Creative Empathy for Sustainable Startups can help us discover those needs.
Workshop: Creative Empathy for Sustainable Startups
Startups in Residence InterGov 6
24 November 2022, 10:00 – 12:30, Den Haag, The Netherlands
This interactive session demystifies empathy as a skill. And empathy is great for startups, because it can help us:
- Find product-market fit
- Inspire healthy behavior change
- Innovate in meaningful ways
This is a workshop, so we flow between discussing key concepts to applying Creative Empathy techniques to your real work. Then, we close with a plenary discussion and Q&A session.
- The process
- How it works
- Some techniques and examples
- Do a brief, guided meditation
- Create a character map with our canvas
- Conduct emotional recall
- Discuss design recommendations
- Product Managers
- Marketing Leaders
- Kouprie & Sleeswijk Visser, F (2009) A framework for empathy in design
- Laneri, D (2017) Mindfulness meditation regulates anterior insula activity during empathy for social pain
- The Top 12 Reasons Startups Fail, CB Insights 2021
- María Elena López Reyes on ResearchGate.net
Thank you Daria Nepriakhina!
The Creative Empathy Field Guide
Whether building a product or a business, The Creative Empathy Field Guide can help you infuse empathy to any creative process.