The most meaningful innovations address society’s deepest needs. And Creative Empathy can help startups discover those needs.
Interactive Session: Creative Empathy for Startups
Startups in Residence InterGov 5
28 April 2022, 15:30 – 17:00 UTC+2
This interactive session demystifies empathy as a skill. And empathy is great for startups, because it can help us:
- Find product-market fit
- Achieve healthy behavior change
- Inspire sustainable engagement
- Innovate in meaningful ways
We start with core concepts and examples. Then we practice some practical Creative Empathy techniques. Finally, we close with a micro-workshop and group discussion.
- The process
- How it works
- Some techniques and examples
- Examine a fictitious case
- Simulate field observation
- Conduct emotional recall
- Make design recommendations
- Product Managers
- Marketing Leaders
👉 Download the slides here (PDF)
Ethical Design Checklist (PDF)
- Kouprie & Sleeswijk Visser, F (2009) A framework for empathy in design
- Why startups fail, according to their founders, Fortune, 2014
- María Elena López Reyes on ResearchGate.net
Thank you Daria Nepriakhina!
The Creative Empathy Field Guide
Whether building a product or a business, The Creative Empathy Field Guide can help you infuse empathy to any creative process.