Empathy helps us embrace other people’s perspectives. And Creative Empathy for social change guides us along that process for social design.
Creative Empathy for Social Change
Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences – Creative Media for Social Change
Amsterdam: 28 March 2021
During this workshop, folks from the Creative Media for Social Change department rumble with real-world challenges. We go through all four phases of the empathic design process, pushing back on our assumptions along the way.
What We Cover
- Emotional vocabulary
- Fundamentals of Creative Empathy
- Simple assumptions mapping
- Crafting simple design narratives
- Building effective sensitizers
- A framework for empathy in design, Kouprie & Sleeswijk Visser, F
- María Elena López Reyes on ResearchGate.net
- My manifesto towards changing the conversation around race, equity and bias in design., Prof. Lesley-Ann Noel
- “Who Am I” Positionality Wheel, Prof. Lesley-Ann Noel
- The Creative Empathy Field Guide, Brian Pagán
Creative Empathy is a toolkit for connecting with people’s deepest needs in any creative project.