The most meaningful innovations address our deepest needs. Creative Empathy helps startups discover those deep needs. That helps us achieve product-market fit, foster healthy behavior change, and inspire sustainable loyalty.
Interactive Session: Creative Empathy for Startups
Startups in Residence InterGov III at IdeaHackers
29 June 2021, 15:30 – 17:15 UTC+2
This interactive session demystifies empathy as a skill. And we cover practical techniques to deploy Creative Empathy for their startup or new venture.
First, we look at core concepts and review examples. Then, we practice some simple Creative Empathy techniques. And we close with a group discussion.
- The process behind it
- How it works
- Some techniques and examples
- Examine a fictitious case
- Simulate field observation
- Conduct emotional recall
- Make design recommendations
- Product Managers
- Marketing Leaders
The Creative Empathy Field Guide
Whether we’re writing a play, designing a product, or building a business, The Creative Empathy Field Guide is your practical toolkit for applying empathy to any creative process. Plus it’s available in paperback, or an e-book at Bookboon.com.
- Kouprie & Sleeswijk Visser, F (2009) A framework for empathy in design
- Why startups fail, according to their founders, Fortune, 2014
- Using Plutchik’s Wheel of Emotions to improve the evaluation of sources, classtools.net
- María Elena López Reyes on ResearchGate.net
- Wina Smeenk, et al (2018) A systematic validation of the Empathic Handover approach guided by five factors that foster empathy in design
Thank you Daria Nepriakhina!
Creative Empathy is a toolkit for connecting with people’s deepest needs in any creative project.