Meaningful human experiences address our deepest needs. And Creative Empathy helps us discover those needs.
So while it can seem mysterious or magical, empathy is more like a muscle. That’s why anyone, including you, can train and develop it!
Interactive Session: Creative Empathy for Meaningful UX
Gofore Designers’ Talks
Streaming Live: 27 May 2021, 14:00 – 14:55 UTC+3
This interactive session demystifies empathy as a skill. And we cover practical techniques anyone can use to deploy Creative Empathy for Meaningful UX.
First, we look at core concepts and review an example case. Then, we practice a simple empathy technique. Finally, we close with a group discussion.
- The process behind it
- How it works
- Some techniques and examples
- Examine a Gofore case
- Conduct free-written recall
- Make design recommendations
- Product Managers
- Marketing Leaders
- Anyone who develops products & services (at Gofore 😉)
👉 Download the slides here (PDF)
Ethical Design Checklist (PDF)
The Creative Empathy Field Guide
Whether building a product or a business, The Creative Empathy Field Guide can help you infuse empathy to any creative process.
- Kouprie & Sleeswijk Visser, F (2009) A framework for empathy in design
- Why startups fail, according to their founders, Fortune, 2014
- Using Plutchik’s Wheel of Emotions to improve the evaluation of sources, classtools.net
- María Elena López Reyes on ResearchGate.net
- Wina Smeenk, et al (2018) A systematic validation of the Empathic Handover approach guided by five factors that foster empathy in design
Creative Empathy is a toolkit for connecting with people’s deepest needs in any creative project.