UXinsight Festival 2020
Streaming Live: 14 September 2020, 16:30 – 17:15 UTC+2
The greatest innovations address our deepest needs, and empathy is the key to discovering them. And while it can seem mysterious or magical, empathy is more like a muscle: we can train and develop it.
This interactive session demystifies creative empathy and gives you practical techniques you can deploy for UX research. We’ll look at core concepts, practice a simple creative empathy technique, and you’ll have the opportunity to present your work to the group for discussion.
- The process behind Creative Empathy
- How Creative Empathy works
- Some examples of Creative Empathy techniques
- Take a fictional research case
- Conduct free-written recall
- Make recommendations
UXinsight UXR Community
UXinsight Festival 2020 was great, but the community lives on. Check out uxinsight.org for curated articles, events, and jobs related to UX research.
- Kouprie & Sleeswijk Visser, F (2009) A framework for empathy in design
- Why startups fail, according to their founders, Fortune, 2014
- Using Plutchik’s Wheel of Emotions to improve the evaluation of sources, classtools.net
- Wina Smeenk, et al (2018) A systematic validation of the Empathic Handover approach guided by five factors that foster empathy in design