TU/e Town Hall
17 January 2020, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
As designers and developers in tech, we’re the ones building the world around ourselves. With tech deeply embedded in our hospitals, banks, roads, and governments, the choices we make profoundly affect people’s lives.
This talk proposes a simple framework for everyday decision-making in favor of ethical design. We’ll cover real examples of why this is important and tangible ways to be heroes instead of villains.
Ethical Design Framework
- Are you a giver or a taker? – Adam Grant TED Talk
- Ethical Design Manifesto – Ind.ie
- Machine Bias – ProPublica
- Self-Driving Mercedes Will Be Programmed To Sacrifice Pedestrians To Save The Driver – Fast Company
- ‘Living laboratories’: the Dutch cities amassing data on oblivious residents – The Guardian
- How to Recognize Exclusion in AI – The Inclusive Design team at Microsoft
- Ethically Aligned Design, Version 2 (EADv2) – IEEE
- Vested Summit
- The Small Technology Foundation
Special thanks to Panos Markopoulos