UX Insight 2020 Conference Workshop
6 April 2020, Breda, The Netherlands
More than ever, people search for meaningful experiences to address their latent needs & emotions. But standard methods often stop just short of this depth of understanding. Since actors connect with human emotion through empathy, what if we would do the same to understand people’s needs?
In this workshop, we’ll explore the artistic, creative side of interviewing using techniques from theatre & film acting.
- Design Empathy Framework: Four Phases
- Eindhoven Empathy Model (E=AP)
- Emotional literacy
- Body awareness
- Nonjudgmental observation
- Emotional personalization
In this workshop, we didn’t use slides but practiced empathy techniques in a low-tech, human way. Here’s a recap of the key concepts.
I wrote a brief overview of the key concepts behind creative empathy.
Click here to check it out.
- Kouprie & Sleeswijk Visser, F (2009) A framework for empathy in design
- Why startups fail, according to their founders, Fortune, 2014
- The Los Angeles Method (inspired the Character Map Canvas)
- Using Plutchik’s Wheel of Emotions to improve the evaluation of sources, classtools.net