This talk offers a human experience perspective on heroism & villainy in ethical data-enriched design. We have a simple exercise for articulating your personal mission and a checklist to help understand the impact of your decisions when gathering, analyzing, & designing with data.
Ethical Data-Enriched Design
Data-Driven Experience Design Seminar at BrightCape
30 August 2018, High Tech Campus 31, Eindhoven
👉 Download the slides here (PDF)
✅ Get the Ethical Design Checklist
- The International Pastime – Computer Drama
- Are you a giver or a taker? – Adam Grant TED Talk
- Ethical Design Manifesto – Ind.ie
- How to Recognize Exclusion in AI – The Inclusive Design team at Microsoft
- Vision, Objectives, & Actions – Empathy & Catharsis
- Ethically Aligned Design, Version 2 (EADv2) – IEEE
- Vested Summit 2018 Highlights – Vested Summit
- Zebras Fix What Unicorns Break – Zebras Unite
- Does Your Product Respect Users’ Time & Attention? A Calm Technology Checklist – Amber Case
Special thanks to Hester Bruikman-Pagán & Mark Nelson.