Data-Driven Experience Design Seminar at BrightCape
30 August 2018, High Tech Campus 31, Eindhoven
Our security, health, & lives depend on technology working for people. But we creators often get so distracted by what we’re creating, that we forget why we’re creating it; or even if we should be creating it at all.
This talk offers a human experience perspective on heroism & villainy, a simple exercise for articulating your personal mission, and a checklist to help understand the impact of your decisions when gathering, analyzing, & designing with data.
Touch here for the slides or on the image below...
Ethical Design Checklist
Touch here to see the original Google Doc. Feel free to leave a comment!
Identify all your stakeholders.
Identify their costs & benefits.
Design to empower humans.
Test your assumptions.
Share your insights.
- The International Pastime - Computer Drama
- Are you a giver or a taker? - Adam Grant TED Talk
- Ethical Design Manifesto - Ind.ie
- How to Recognize Exclusion in AI - The Inclusive Design team at Microsoft
- Vision, Objectives, & Actions - Empathy & Catharsis
- Ethically Aligned Design, Version 2 (EADv2) - IEEE
- Meet the Team - Vested Summit
- Zebras Fix What Unicorns Break - Zebras Unite
- Does Your Product Respect Users’ Time & Attention? A Calm Technology Checklist - Amber Case