Introductory lecture to New Media Design, for graduating Bachelor students
We create things for other people. When we feel what others are feeling, we understand them and connect much more deeply than with just market research or personas.
- Kouprie & Sleeswijk Visser (2009) A framework for empathy in design
- Sleeswijk Visser, et al (2005) Contextmapping: experiences from practice
- Brené Brown on Empathy, RSA on YouTube
- The Ladder of Sustainable Engagement, uxdesign.cc
- Why startups fail, according to their founders, Fortune, 2014
- Explaining User Experience, Theresa Brazen
- Using Plutchik’s Wheel of Emotions to improve the evaluation of sources, classtools.net
- How Blind People Use The ATM, YouTube
- Virtual reality is no match for the empathetic generation, The Guardian
- The Los Angeles Method (inspired the Character Map Canvas)
Special thanks to Hester Bruikman!