7 September 2017, Berlin
We create things for other people. When we feel what others are feeling, we understand them and connect much more deeply than with just market research or personas.
During this half-day workshop, we actually went out around Checkpoint Charlie to do empathic interviews with people on the street (the faces you see are workshop participants; our interviewees remain anonymous!).
- Kouprie & Sleeswijk Visser (2009) A framework for empathy in design
- Sleeswijk Visser, et al (2005) Contextmapping: experiences from practice
- Brené Brown on Empathy, RSA on YouTube
- The Ladder of Sustainable Engagement, uxdesign.cc
- Why startups fail, according to their founders, Fortune, 2014
- Explaining User Experience, Theresa Brazen
- Using Plutchik’s Wheel of Emotions to improve the evaluation of sources, classtools.net
- How Blind People Use The ATM, YouTube
- Virtual reality is no match for the empathetic generation, The Guardian
- The Los Angeles Method (inspired the Character Map Canvas)
Special thanks to Hester Bruikman!