UX Design for Sustainable Engagement
A healthy relationship helps everyone involved in some meaningful way. The rhythm feels fluid, natural, and balanced. Interaction is personal, because participants listen actively and respond with emotion to each other. And the benefit endures, growing deeper over time.
When we create something, we start a relationship with whomever uses it. It’s our responsibility to make it a healthy one.
These hallmarks of a healthy relationship are also the four key attributes of a sticky, i.e. sustainably engaging, product or service.
The Ladder of Sustainable Engagement is a framework for crafting products & services that provide meaningful value, have a balanced rhythm, embody an emotional personality, and endure over time.
Get the Slides
Here are the slides on SlideShare.
Check Out the Online Course
The course is live on Udemy! Click here to check it out.
- My original post on uxdesign.cc
- Kouprie & Sleeswijk Visser, F (2009) A framework for empathy in design: stepping into and out of the user’s life. Journal of Engineering Design 20(5) 437-448
- The Lean Startup – Eric Ries
- Emotional Toolbox Character Map – Laurie Hutzler
- Empathy: The Human Connection to Patient Care – Cleveland Clinic
- Replacing Personas with Characters – Alan Klement
Special thanks to Hester Bruikman!