We create things for other people. Empathy for product design helps us understand them and connect much more deeply than with just market research or personas.
Empathy for Product Design Workshop – UXify Eindhoven
13 September 2017, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
In this workshop, we discuss why empathy is important. And we practice techniques you can use immediately to help yourself and your team to feel empathy.
👉 Download the slides here (PDF)
- The Ladder of Sustainable Engagement, uxdesign.cc
- Kouprie & Sleeswijk Visser, F (2009) A framework for empathy in design
- Why startups fail, according to their founders, Fortune, 2014
- The Hierarchy of User Experience Needs, Stephen Anderson
- Using Plutchik’s Wheel of Emotions to improve the evaluation of sources, classtools.net
- The “Jobs to be Done” Theory of Innovation, HBR Ideacast
- VR Physio Therapy – VRPhysio
- The Los Angeles Method (inspired the Character Map Canvas)
Special thanks to Berkay Taskin & Hester Bruikman!