Acting techniques for design empathy help us understand people’s emotions and create things they can fall in love with.
Empathy doesn’t start behind a computer, it starts with people.
UX Camp NL 2017
23 September 2017, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
In this workshop, we ditch the slides, chairs, and computers to practice empathy techniques. you can use immediately to help yourself and others feel empathy.
👋🏼 We didn’t use slides, but here are the slides from a similar workshop.
- The Ladder of Sustainable Engagement, uxdesign.cc
- Kouprie & Sleeswijk Visser, F (2009) A framework for empathy in design
- Why startups fail, according to their founders, Fortune, 2014
- The Hierarchy of User Experience Needs, Stephen Anderson
- The “Jobs to be Done” Theory of Innovation, HBR Ideacast
- VR Physio Therapy – VRPhysio
- The Los Angeles Method (inspired the Character Map Canvas)
- Using Plutchik’s Wheel of Emotions to improve the evaluation of sources, classtools.net